Taking Care of Your Teeth
If you are looking for a dentist in Gilbert AZ, Aesthetic Family Dental is the one to choose for your whole family. Whether you need cleaning, whitening, implants, emergency work, or any other dental procedure, you can count on us for dental care for you and your family. Part of our commitment to quality and premier dentistry is our recommendations for care at home. Although we can help with all your dental needs, we know that having a cavity filled, a root canal, or a crown put in is no fun. The best way to avoid major dental work is by taking good care of your teeth at home. Here are a few points to help keep your smile decay free:
- Rinse your mouth out after eating, especially if you are eating sugary foods. Water will help remove some of the sugar and food particles that would otherwise feed bacteria and cause tooth decay. You should also try to avoid sugary foods and constant snacking. Eating frequently can cause plaque to build up, increasing your risk for cavities.
- Brush your teeth the right way. You should be brushing at least twice a day. Make sure you use a soft or ultra-soft bristle toothbrush. Hard bristles can cause irritation and inflammation in your gums. Also, make sure you are flossing at least once a day.
- Speaking of your gums, make sure you are brushing them. You should be moving the bristles of your tooth brush down below your gum line to help stimulate blood flow and improve gum health.
- Take care of your tongue. Use a tongue scraper or brush your tongue every time your brush your teeth. Bacteria can grow on your tongue and cause bad breath and cavities.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash to help strengthen your enamel. Right before bed is the best time because it will be less likely to get rinsed off your teeth.
In addition to these tips, make sure to come see us at least every six months for a cleaning and x-rays. We can help keep your teeth at their strongest and healthiest.